Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Wilderculture CIC.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- Lawful basis: Consent
The reason we use this basis: You have provided specific consent to us using your personal information in a certain way, such as to send you email, text and/or telephone marketing.
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
- Lawful basis: Contract
The reason we use this basis: Where we are entering into a contract with you or performing our obligations under it, like when you buy products or services from us.
Data retention period: We shall continue to process your information until the contract between us ends or is terminated under any contract terms.
- Lawful basis: Legal obligation
The reason we use this basis and how it would be processed: Where necessary so that we can comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject, for example where we are ordered by a court or regulatory authority to provide your information.
- Lawful basis:Legitimate interests
Where it is reasonably necessary to achieve our or others’ legitimate interests (as long as what the information is used for is fair and does not duly impact your rights).
The reason we use this basis: We consider our legitimate interests to be running Wilderculture as a platform to educate others and pursue conservation interests as a joined community.
We process your information in the following ways:
- send postal communications which we think will be of interest to you;
- conduct research and analytics to better understand our supporters and to improve the platform;
- understand how people choose and use our services and products;
- determine the effectiveness of our services, promotional campaigns and advertising;
- monitor who we deal with to protect Wilderculture against risks;
- enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services /communications for the benefit of our customers; and
- better understand how people interact with our website.
- When we legitimately process your personal information in this way, we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. We will not use your personal information where our interests are overridden by the impact on you, for example, where use would be excessively intrusive (unless, for instance, we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Sharing your information: We do collaborate with third parties, some of which we will share your personal information with, this includes but is not limited to course instructors, experience/ holiday providers and our farmers for Wilder Meats.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third-party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, you can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by following this link, otherwise contact the EMS provider.
Our EMS provider is Mailchimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date